Friday, January 15, 2010

Values That Guide Me

Tonight's assignment is about values. What are the core guiding principles that inform my day-to-day decisions? where I spend my time? what my priorities are?  The starting point to uncover these was to think about who I most admire.  I came up with my Grandmother Ivy, a famous woman, and a mother at my daughter's school. In brainstorming the qualities that these three women possess, I was able to derive a list of what my top five values are in my life right now. I wonder how these change during different seasons in our life?


My set of values:

Centered- spiritual, intuitive, connected, grounded
Creative-expressive, artistic, imaginative, capture the essence in art, story and how I live
Sensual-aesthetic, connected to body and nature
Generous-loving, giving, nurturing family and friends with my best self
Graceful-gratitude for life's abundant gifts

No comments:

Post a Comment