Thursday, January 28, 2010

A Dream Come True


In our Mondo Beyondo class we were invited to take our dream list out again- the one I wrote on the quiet and snowy night and had whispered into Ava's ear when she was sleeping. One of my dreams was to actually have my brother Johnny visit me in a dream. I know this sounds strange and maybe spooky, but he left this world almost six years ago and I miss him so much. I have not had a dream with him in it for many years and I just wanted so much to have the feeling of seeing him. Well, this is quite unbelievable, but the day after I took out my list and quietly spent time just being with the list... I had the most amazing dream! I was sick with a cold or virus- in bed the whole day yesterday.  I say this because it was a dream that came after I had already sent the family off to work and school and I went back to bed. I slept for hours until my dog Beau barked at someone in the building and I woke up suddenly. I could remember everything- my brother Johnny arriving at the house where I was with my mother, the blue crisp checked shirt he was wearing, the brown fur vest (I know- strange- like the ones I saw in Paris last fall) and his clear, bright skin and radiant smile. His eyes sparkled the whole time and he was so joyful. We hugged very tightly for a long time. I cried with joy and told him I missed him so much. He hugged me with strong arms. Then my brother Mark (who passed away a few years earlier) was standing on my right side. My oldest brother Mike was in the room, smiling in his quiet way. Karen was in the background. My mother looked great- fresh, dewey skin, turquoise blue eyeliner (that I have never seen on her!) and short, chic hair. She was busily going from child to child, and I was laughing and crying with joy. I still have the so-real feeling that I was with my brothers yesterday, and it is so deep and full of eternal love that I am full of gratitude and wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment