Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Creating a Clearing

A clearing is a wide open empty space that is ready for something new or amazing to emerge. In the online journey I am taking with women around the globe we were asked this week to create a clearing. Interestingly, I was in the midst of this activity even before the lesson was posted online. I had no choice!

We were traveling through Germany and the USA during Christmas and New Years and came home in mid-January to all of the Christmas decorations covering our long dining table. I cleared off this wonderful table, getting rid of lots of things that no longer suited our aesthetic. It felt so good I kept going, and cleared out some hot spots of clutter in corners and in two closets. And finally- I pulled all of my extra canvases and art supplies that were stacking themselves up in the corners of my bedroom into a cohesive bunch- and freed myself of the nagging feeling that I was not painting enough- a nag that faced me in the bedroom of all places! Then, it really happened... for the next two days I was very energized and in a great mood. And clarity started to emerge around my path forward! It really happened! It was like a fog lifted and I began to see shapes, and then lines. I had lunch dates with two wonderful friends this week and through both creative conversations, and two late night talks with my husband, my path began to take form and shape. It has been so exciting I could hardly sleep for the past few nights!

No comments:

Post a Comment