Friday, November 6, 2009

hesitating to hit the "send" button

Excitement. Fear. Optimism. Hope. Joy. Uncertainty. My body, my stomach, is light and fluttery. I am filled with a range of emotions since I launched the idea in Germany for the new concept that Amy and I have been working on since February.  Drafting the invitation, keeping it in draft, finalizing it, and then sending it to a limited number of my favorite women has propelled me forward on my own journey. I now realize the risk I took in putting myself out there, doing something unusual. I am getting mixed reactions to the invitation. Many very positive, and some complete silence. I am thinking that the silence is coming from not really understanding what I am doing with this group, this joy journey we are calling Life Tastings. Four weeks until the first pilot session in Hannover. The pilot in San Francisco is next week. We are piloting different themes and different play activities, which will give us a robust set of experiences as we take this idea from planning and developing to opening it up for real women to come in.

No comments:

Post a Comment